Vancouver, British Columbia–(November 14, 2023) – Defence Therapeutics Inc. (CSE:DTC) (OTC Pink:DTCFF) (FSE:DTC) (“Defence” or the “Company“), one of the leading Canadian biotechnology companies working in the field of immune-oncology is pleased to announce that it has successfully submitted on November 9, 2023 an Investigational New Drug (IND) application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its ACCUM-002TM Dimer CDCA-SV40 commonly named “AccuTOX®“, an injectable anticancer molecule, for the treatment of solid cancer tumors.
AccuTOX® is a derivative of the initial Accum® molecule, which has been reported to target cancer on multiple fronts. AccuTOX® disrupts endosomal membranes resulting in impaired intracellular transport mechanisms. AccuTOX® also triggers genotoxic effects, blocks DNA repair mechanisms normally used by cancer cells to repair its damaged genome and induces a form of immunogenic cell death capable of turning “ON” the immune system. When previously tested in preclinical animal models under the supervision of Dr. Moutih Rafei, AccuTOX® impaired tumor growth resulting in “70-100% survival” of animals with solid T-cell lymphoma, melanoma or breast cancer.
The IND application includes data, reports and overview summaries of numerous studies to evaluate the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and toxicology of AccuTOX® both in vitro and in vivo, including cancer models. In addition, the application describes the manufacture of the drug substance and drug product to be used in human clinical trials. The main purpose of the IND is to share with the FDA the extensive non-clinical data supporting an acceptable safety profile when AccuTOX® will be first administered to humans. The FDA will review the application and determine the acceptability of the data before Defence begins the Phase I clinical trial, which could be as early as Q1-Q2 2024.
“We are thrilled and excited that Defence has achieved a successful submission on its first IND, which represents an important milestone towards advancing AccuTOX® into the clinic. We look forward to work with clinical investigators at City of Hope to study this important and novel candidate for the treatment of melanoma and potentially other solid tumors,” said Sébastien Plouffe, President & CEO of Defence Therapeutics. “With the continued difficulties encountered in the oncology clinic, we believe that the therapeutic use of AccuTOX® provides a novel and powerful approach to combat cancer,” he added.
The primary objective of this upcoming Phase I clinical trial, when approved, is to identify the best therapeutic dosing range that would allow clinicians to co-administer the AccuTOX® compound with Opdulag®, a BMS product containing both anti-LAG3 and anti-PD-1. Several other secondary parameters including therapeutic efficacy will be monitored in treated patients in preparation for a Phase IIa trial on a basket of tumors.
According to Precedence Research, the global cancer therapeutics market size is expected to be worth around US$ 393.61 billion by 2032 from at US$ 164 billion in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.20% during the forecast period 2023 to 2032.
Cancer Therapeutics Market Size 2022 to 2032 (USD Billion)
To view an enhanced version of this graphic, please visit:
Defence Therapeutics is a publicly-traded biotechnology company working on engineering the next generation vaccines and ADC products using its proprietary platform. The core of Defence Therapeutics platform is the ACCUM® technology, which enables precision delivery of vaccine antigens or ADCs in their intact form to target cells. As a result, increased efficacy and potency can be reached against catastrophic illness such as cancer and infectious diseases.
Cautionary Statement Regarding “Forward-Looking” Information
This release includes certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements”. All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address events or developments that the Company expects to occur, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by the words “expects”, “plans”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “projects”, “potential” and similar expressions, or that events or conditions “will”, “would”, “may”, “could” or “should” occur. Although the Company believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include regulatory actions, market prices, and continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions. Investors are cautioned that any such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs, estimates and opinions of the Company’s management on the date the statements are made. Except as required by applicable securities laws, the Company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements in the event that management’s beliefs, estimates or opinions, or other factors, should change.
Neither the CSE nor its market regulator, as that term is defined in the policies of the CSE, accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Featured Image @ FreePik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Defence Therapeutics Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) ninety six thousand five hundred US dollars for 30 days (21 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Defence Therapeutics Inc. intends to offer; (e) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (e) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (f) political and regulatory stability; (g) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (h) changes in applicable legislation; (i) stability in financial and capital markets; and (j) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Defence Therapeutics Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Defence Therapeutics Inc.’s business operations (e) Defence Therapeutics Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Defence Therapeutics Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Defence Therapeutics Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Defence Therapeutics Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Defence Therapeutics Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Defence Therapeutics Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Defence Therapeutics Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed